What nationality is David Chase?
Chase was born into a working-class Italian American family in Mount Vernon, New York, the only child of Henry and Norma Chase. His paternal grandmother had changed the family name from “DeCesare” to “Chase”. His father owned a hardware store.
Why did David Chase make The Sopranos?
His own stretch in therapy and lingering feelings about his family were the genesis for “The Sopranos.” As Chase told Salon: “People keep calling [“The Sopranos”] a story about a mobster with a midlife crisis, and maybe it’s evolved into that.
What shows did David Chase create?
- The Many Saints of Newark. producer (produced by, p.g.a.)
- Not Fade Away. producer.
- The Sopranos. executive producer.
- The Rockford Files: Punishment and Crime.
- The Rockford Files: Friends and Foul Play.
- The Rockford Files: Godfather Knows Best.
- The Rockford Files: If the Frame Fits
- Northern Exposure.