Jada Pinkett Smith (actress): Born in Baltimore and attended the Baltimore School for the Arts, where she became friends with rapper Tupac Shakur. JC Chasez (former member of NSYNC): Born in Bowie, Chasez attended the Robert Goddard Middle School and then Bowie High School.
What major historical figures were involved in Maryland?
Famous Maryland Natives and Residents
- Benjamin Banneker mathematician;
- John Barth writer;
- Eubie Blake musician;
- John Wilkes Booth Lincoln’s assassin;
- Francis X. Bushman actor;
- James M. Cain writer;
- Samuel Chase jurist;
- Frederick Douglass abolitionist;
What are people from Maryland known for?
Maryland is known for its crabs from the Chesapeake Bay, blue crabs in particular. The state is also home to many thoroughbred horse farms and is known for being the birthplace of the National Anthem. Other things that Maryland is known for include its pit beef sandwiches, Old Bay seasoning, and Natty Boh beer.
What famous people grew up in Baltimore?
Birth Place Matching “Baltimore, Maryland, USA” (Sorted by Popularity Ascending)
- Julie Bowen. Actress | Happy Gilmore.
- Tracie Thoms. Actress | Rent.
- Anna Faris. Actress | The House Bunny.
- Parker Posey. Actress | Scream 3.
- Thomas Jane. Actor | Boogie Nights.
- Lance Reddick. Actor | John Wick.
- Utkarsh Ambudkar.
- Penn Badgley.
Do any famous people live in Maryland? – Related Questions
Who is the most famous person born in Maryland?
From musicians to movie stars, here are 20 famous people from Maryland.
- 1) Edward Norton. Wikimedia Commons.
- 2) William H. Macy.
- 3) Montel Williams. Wikimedia Commons.
- 4) Mike Rowe. Wikimedia Commons.
- 5) Jada Pinkett Smith. Wikimedia Commons.
- 6) Kathie Lee Gifford. Wikimedia Commons.
- 7) Toni Braxton.
- 8) Julie Bowen.
What is the Baltimore accent called?
A Baltimore accent, also known as Baltimorese (sometimes jokingly written Bawlmerese or Ballimorese, to mimic the accent), commonly refers to an accent or sub-variety of Philadelphia English that originates among blue-collar residents of Baltimore, Maryland.
Who’s the most famous person from Baltimore?
We know some of the most famous historical figures of Baltimore, such as Johns Hopkins himself, but there are some that are less known as Baltimore natives, such as Harriet Tubman (1820-1913). She, a former slave from Baltimore, was one of the most prominent “conductors” of the Underground Railroad.
Who is a famous woman from Baltimore?
||Area of achievement
|Victorine Quille Adams
||Baltimore City Council
|Evelyn O. A. Darden
|Claire L. Parkinson
|Nancy Grace Roman
Why is Baltimore so famous?
Baltimore is famous for many things, including being the birthplace of the National Anthem, the home of the Ravens and Orioles, and the city with the best crab cakes. It’s been featured in pop culture classics ranging from The Wire to Hairspray.
What are some Baltimore slang words?
How Baltimore talks
- zink. n. A sink.
- already. (all-RED-ee) abbr.
- arabber, a-rabber, Araber. (aye-rab-er) n.
- ayo. (aye-OH) interj.
- Bawlmer, Baldamore. (Bawl-MURR, Bawl-DAH-more) n.
- Baltimorese, Bawlmerese. (Bal-tih-more-EEZ, Bawl-murr-EEZ) n.
- chicken box. n.
- coddie. (CAH-dee) n.
Can you cuss in Baltimore?
In the entire state, it is illegal to give or receive oral sex. It is a violation to be in a public park with a sleeveless shirt, including joggers. $10 fine. You cannot swear while inside the city limits of Baltimore.
Is it illegal to swear in Baltimore?
Baltimore City: Though you may spit on a city roadway, spitting on city sidewalks is prohibited. You may not curse inside the city limits.