- Do not try to excuse your faults; try to correct them.
- Whatever you do, think of the Glory of God as your main goal.
- Run, jump, shout, but do not sin.
- Enjoy yourself as much as you like – if only you keep from sin.
- We do not go to Holy Communion because we are good; we go to become good.
What is Don Bosco’s motto?
The motto Da mihi animas, caetera tolle (“Give me souls, take away the rest”) is featured at the bottom.
When was Bosco born?
John Bosco, Italian in full San Giovanni Melchior Bosco, byname Don Bosco, (born August 16, 1815, Becchi, near Turin, Piedmont, kingdom of Sardinia [Italy]—died January 31, 1888, Turin; canonized April 1, 1934; feast day January 31), Roman Catholic priest who was a pioneer in educating the poor and founded the Salesian
Why is Bosco named Bosco?
Italian: topographic name for someone living or working in a wood from bosco ‘wood’ from Late Latin boscus ‘shrub undergrowth’ (of Gallic or ancient Germanic origin) or a habitational name from a place called with this word.