The top 10 richest families in 2022 by estimated wealth are:
- The Hermès family with $94.6 billion.
- The Ambani family with $84.6 billion.
- The Wertheimer family with $79 billion.
- The Cargill, MacMillan family with $65.2 billion.
- The Thomson family with $53.9 billion.
- The Hoffman, Oeri family with $45.1 billion1.
Are there still old money families in New York?
The Vanderbilts can still be found in New York. They are related to the Goldberg and Windmiller families, both of which are considered as two of the richest clans in Long Island.
Who are the most prominent families in New York?
Who are the richest people in New York?
- Israel Englander.
- Donald Newhouse.
- Rupert Murdoch and family.
- Jim Simons.
- Leonard Lauder.
- Stephen Schwarzman.
- Julia Koch and family.
- Michael Bloomberg.
Who is the richest family to ever exist?
Despite an $11 billion loss in July 2022 after Walmart’s earnings fell, the Walton family is still the wealthiest family in the world with a net worth of nearly $200 billion, Insider reports. Sam Walton was the founder of Walmart, and left behind his legacy and wealth to his three children and their families.
Who are the top 5 richest families? – Related Questions
Who are the 3 wealthiest families in the world?
- ↓ Name Walton. Company Walmart. Wealth $224.5bn.
- ↑ Name Mars. Company Mars. Wealth $160bn.
- ↑ Name Koch. Company Koch Industries. Wealth $128.8bn.
- ↑ Name Al Saud. Company N/A.
- ↓ Name Hermes. Company Hermes.
- ↓ Name Ambani. Company Reliance Industries.
- ↑ Name Wertheimer. Company Chanel.
- ↑ Name Cargill, MacMillan. Company Cargill.
Who was richer Vanderbilt or Rockefeller?
Rockefeller atop the list of the richest Americans in history, followed by Cornelius Vanderbilt and John Jacob Astor. Bill Gates was the top living person, coming in fifth.
Who is the richest family in America?
The Walton family’s wealth began when Sam Walton established the first Walmart in 1962. Today, Walmart is the largest retailer in the world with over 12,000 stores.
Who was richer Astor or Vanderbilt?
||Principal country of residence
||Net worth modern equivalent (billion US $)
|John Jacob Astor
|William Henry Vanderbilt
Are there any wealthy Vanderbilts left?
It didn’t matter that The Commodore has left an enormous fortune for his family. None of the descendants maintain the wealth in the end. Nobody from the Vanderbilt family made it into the wealthiest people in the United States.
Who was the world’s first trillionaire?
Of the 21 individuals who stand a chance of reaching this phenomenal milestone in their lifetime, Elon Musk is predicted to be the first. When the first billionaire was announced in 1916 this colossal figure must have seemed even more unreachable than it is today.
Who are the 2 richest families in the world?
- Walton Family. The Walton Family holds the title of richest family of the world with total net worth of $242 billion.
- Mars Family. Mars Inc. is one of the biggest manufacturer of confectionery items and it is owned by the Mars family.
- Koch Family.
- Hermès Family.
- House of Saud.
- Ambani Family.
- Wertheimer Family.
- Johnson Family.
Are the Rothschilds the richest family?
During the 19th century, the Rothschild family possessed the largest private fortune in the world, as well as in modern world history. The family’s wealth declined over the 20th century, and was divided among many descendants.
||List Austrian branch English branch French branch Neapolitan branch