- Igor Stravinsky (1882-1971)
- Lili Boulanger (1893-1918)
- William Grant Still (1895-1978)
- Dmitri Shostakovich (1906–1975)
- Benjamin Britten (1913-1976)
- Leonard Bernstein (1918-1990)
- John Williams (1932-present)
- Philip Glass (1937-present)
Who are the 3 greatest composers?
The three composers that consistently appear in the top spots are Beethoven, Bach, and Mozart. Scholars and fans vary on the rest, but those listed below are often regarded as some of the most significant.
Who’s the greatest composer of all time?
Johann Sebastian Bach has been voted as the Greatest Composer of All Time by 174 of the world’s leading composers for BBC Music Magazine.
Who are the big 4 composers?
- Johann Sebastian Bach (1685-1750) There is no doubt you have heard of Bach many times in your life, and for good reason.
- Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart (1756-1791)
- Ludwig Van Beethoven (1770-1827)
- Frederic Chopin (1810-1849)