King is one of the most well-known Nobel prize winners. His work for civil rights in the United States started a movement that still inspires others today. He received this award four years before his tragic assassination in 1968.
Who got 3 Nobel Peace Prizes?
Since the International Committee of the Red Cross has been awarded the Nobel Peace Prize three times (in 1917, 1944 and 1963), and the Office of the United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees has been awarded the Nobel Peace Prize two times (in 1954 and 1981), there are 27 individual organizations which have been
Who are the last 10 winners of the Nobel Peace Prize?
- 2022. Ales Bialiatski , Memorial and Center for Civil Liberties. Belarus, Russia and Ukraine.
- 2021. Maria Ressa and Dmitry Muratov.
- 2020. World Food Programme.
- 2019. Abiy Ahmed Ali.
- 2018. Denis Mukwege and Nadia Murad.
- 2017. International Campaign to Abolish Nuclear Weapons.
- 2016. Juan Manuel Santos.
- 2015. National Dialogue Quartet.
Who has won the most Nobel Prizes in history?
The Curie family has received the most prizes, with four prizes awarded to five individual laureates. Marie Curie received the prizes in Physics (in 1903) and Chemistry (in 1911).