Warren Buffett, born in 1930, is one of the most successful investors in the world and the chairman and CEO of Berkshire Hathaway. Known as the “Oracle of Omaha,” Buffett is renowned for his value investing and philanthropy, and consistently ranks among the world’s wealthiest individuals.
|August 30, 1930
|Business magnate, Investor, Philanthropist
|$118 billion (as of November 2023)
|Wharton School of the University of Pennsylvania, University of Nebraska, Columbia Business School, New York Institute of Finance
|Founder of the Giving Pledge, Chairman and largest shareholder of Berkshire Hathaway
Warren Buffett was born on August 30, 1930, in Omaha, Nebraska. He was raised in Omaha and developed an interest in business and investing at a young age. Buffett displayed his entrepreneurial spirit early on, delivering newspapers and selling gum door-to-door. Later, he moved to Washington, D.C. with his family when his father was elected to Congress. Despite the move, Buffett maintained his passion for investing and business, ultimately returning to Omaha to attend college at the University of Nebraska.
|Howard Homan Buffett, Leila Stahl Buffett
|Howard Homan Buffett was a businessman, investor, and four-term Republican United States Representative. Leila Stahl Buffett was a homemaker and dedicated to her family.
|Doris Buffett, Roberta Buffett
|Doris Buffett is a philanthropist who founded the Sunshine Lady Foundation. Roberta Buffett is also involved in philanthropy and has supported various causes.
Height, Weight, And Other Body Measurements
|5 ft 10 in (178 cm)
|Approximately 175 lbs (79 kg)
|Other Body Measurements
Wife/husband / Girlfriend/boyfriend
Warren Buffett is widowed. His late wife was Susan Buffett.
Warren Buffett married Susan Buffett on April 19, 1952. They remained married until her passing in 2004.
|Susan T. Buffett
|April 19, 1952 – July 29, 2004 (until her passing)
Career, Achievements And Controversies
Warren Buffett, born on August 30, 1930, is an American business magnate, investor, and philanthropist. He is widely considered one of the most successful investors in the world.
Warren Buffett’s career in investing started at a young age. After completing his studies at Columbia Business School, he worked as an investment salesperson and securities analyst. In 1956, he formed the investment partnership that eventually became Berkshire Hathaway, a multinational conglomerate holding company.
- Transformation of Berkshire Hathaway into a successful multinational corporation
- Value investing philosophy and annual letters to Berkshire Hathaway shareholders
- Successful acquisitions of companies such as Geico, Dairy Queen, and Duracell
Warren Buffett has received numerous awards and honors throughout his career, including:
- Presidential Medal of Freedom (2010) – the highest civilian honor in the United States
- Time 100 – named one of the 100 most influential people in the world multiple times
- Induction into the American Academy of Arts and Sciences
Despite his stellar reputation, Warren Buffett has been involved in a few controversies:
- Derivative Investments: Buffett has faced criticism for his past derivative investments and his stance on these financial instruments.
- Taxation: There have been debates and criticism concerning Buffett’s views on taxation, particularly his call for higher taxes on the wealthy.
- Corporate Governance: Warren Buffett has faced scrutiny related to corporate governance and executive compensation practices at companies within Berkshire Hathaway’s portfolio.
Warren Buffett is one of the most successful investors and businessmen in the world. He is the chairman and CEO of Berkshire Hathaway, a multinational conglomerate holding company.
Buffett’s investing philosophy revolves around value investing, which involves finding undervalued stocks and holding them for the long term. He is known for his focus on fundamental analysis and a long-term investment horizon.
One of Buffett’s famous quotes is “Rule No. 1: Never lose money. Rule No. 2: Never forget rule No. 1.” Another well-known quote is “Be fearful when others are greedy and greedy when others are fearful.”
Buffett became successful through his disciplined approach to investing, his ability to identify undervalued companies, and his long-term perspective. He also benefited from a keen understanding of business and economics.
As of 2021, Warren Buffett’s net worth is estimated to be around $104 billion, making him one of the wealthiest individuals in the world.